Multi Packaging Solutions Intrntnl Ltd (NYSE:MPSX) shares were up 0.17% on Tuesday when approximately 1.07M shares were traded, against the average daily trading volume of 979,631.00. Analysts at Credit Agricole recently upgraded the stock to Underperform from Buy. Multi Packaging Solutions Intrntnl Ltd (NYSE:MPSX) has a consensus Hold rating, according to Zacks Investment Research. 1 analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, 0 have assigned a hold rating, Zero says it’s a buy, and 1 has assigned a strong buy rating to the company.
The 52-week price range is $11.00-$17.90 and the company has a market capitalization of $1.38 billion.
Multi Packaging Solutions Intrntnl Ltd (MPSX) on January 24, 2017 announced results for its fiscal first quarter ended December 31, 2016.
First Quarter 2017 Highlights and Portfolio Transformation
- Earned $0.32 per diluted share and $0.47 of adjusted earnings per diluted share
- Generated net cash from operating activities of $517 million and adjusted free cash flow of $369 million
- Achieved $85 million in year-over-year productivity improvements and an annual run rate of $580 million of synergy and performance improvements
- Repurchased 1.35 million shares of WestRock common stock for $68 million
- Continued portfolio transformation with announced sale of Home, Health and Beauty business, generating net after-tax proceeds of approximately $1 billion
- Announced the definitive agreement to acquire Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited (MPSX)
“Our team executed well against our strategy and delivered a solid quarter, and we continued to deliver on our productivity goals which helped to offset the impact of cost inflation and other factors,” said Steve Voorhees, WestRock’s chief executive officer. “A more positive macro-economic climate, coupled with WestRock’s unique portfolio of products and capabilities, gives us confidence in our ability to achieve our goals and drive value for customers and stockholders in fiscal 2017.
“We continue to make progress in our effort to enhance our focus on our core paper and packaging businesses,” continued Voorhees. “With the announced sale of the Home, Health and Beauty business and the announced acquisition of Multi Packaging Solutions, we are executing on our strategy and are strengthening our packaging portfolio.”